PLUS Goals & Expectations
PLUS is a concept that supports both students and academic teachers at Phoenix Day School for the Deaf. PLUS will promote student growth in areas such as social, culture and nature that is not covered by their core classes.
We, the PLUS team, are excited to be part of this concept and wanted to share what we expect from you in our classes. During your PLUS days, we will provide six classes, which are: American Sign Language (ASL), Career and Life Discovery, Language Arts Laboratory, Math Laboratory, Personal Development, and Sustainable Living.
PLUS Learning Goals:
- To learn how to work together
- To solve challenges together in their classroom
- Develop and share our ideas and visions together
- To accept and learn from our mistakes and shine through
- Above all, learn how to succeed in school and life
- Respect all people all the time.
- Follow school-wide rules. (see your Student Handbook)
- Complete your work or tasks on-time.
- Strive for success at all times.