Driveway or Sidewalk Number Line –
So easy to make and such a great basis for learning games! Simply use chalk to draw a number line on your driveway or sidewalk (1 – 20) and we walk, jump, sidestep, etc along while reverse, counting down from 20? Can they skip count along the number line? So many ways to exercise those motor skills and practice counting!
- Big chalks
Setting Up Your Giant Number Line
- Draw a long vertical line using sidewalk chalk.
- Then draw short horizontal lines evenly spaced that cross the vertical lines.
- Finally, label the horizontal lines from 0-10 (or larger numbers) and you are good to go!
How to Play with Your Giant Number Line:
- Make it a game and ask two kids to solve the math problem by moving to the correct line. Whoever gets to the correct answer first wins!
- Another fun variation for kids would be to label the lines 10,20,30,40, etc and give them multiplication facts to solve. Once they know the answer they move between the two numbers that their answer falls between and then they shout out the correct answer.